Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yes Man

Yes Man is a story about a man whose life dooms to be spent at home alone watching rented movies and crying over his failed marriage. After a reluctant attendance to a self-help workshop, he changes his life by saying yes to everything. The movie is based on a ture story and a book by British humourist Danny Wallace. Jim Carrey stars in the movie alongside Zooey Deschanel, whom I last saw in The Happening.



So what did I think of the movie? I did not like it at all. The movie lacked a credible storyline and hence, it did not have much plot. Yes, it was good for the brain; but the movie was practically empty. Jim Carrey was in his usual slapstick mode, which tend to get over the top at times. The movie depended too much on Jim's slapstick and physical humour to keep its audience riveted to the screen. For the first time ever, I was quite tempted to leave before the end credit rolled, but I sympathised with the couple next to me; they were embracing for most of the movie and I did not want to break them apart if I were to leave.

Reviews were mixed. Check out its review before you decide to watch it. Yes Man? More like no!

No comments: