Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A quickie in KK

Here I am, sitting at McD making full use of its free wifi. Too bad I'm using my iPod shuffle doing this entry! So you could imagine how painstakingly slow it is, typing a letter at a time.

After a 430km and almost butt-numbing 10-hour drive from home, we finally arrived in KK well into the evening. It could've been faster, but the queues were particularly long at Kuala Lurah border post and the two ferry points. It was already nightfall by the time we crossed into Sabah and the drive was even slower as it was dark and we were not that familiar with the road.

We spent almost the whole day at 1Borneo yesterday, but the place wasn't as good as some people made it sound like. Comparing somewhere Malaysian, I would still prefer Midvalley, Suria KLCC or the Pavilion.

Today we're spending some times in the city center before paying a visit to a relative.

And yeah, as you might have gathered the hotel apartment where we are staying at doesn't have free Internet, therefore my blogging time is greatly limited. This is probably my only post from KK. See you all soon!