Friday, December 12, 2008

Twilight





Following the huge hype about the movie since its release in the States and its entry to the top spot the week it was released, we took the opportunity to watch it while we were in Penang. We caught a midnight show on a weekday night, something that you would not see at local cinemas

Twilight is a movie based on the first book in a series of books written by Stephenie Meyer. It tells a story of a girl who moved in with her father and gets to know this eccentric family at her new school. Eventually, she falls for one of the boys in the family and gets to know more than what she bargained for.

I have not read the book, so I could not really judge how much of the book was adapted for screenplay. If you have read the book, you might enjoy the movie, but sadly, I did not. The storyline was weak at most points and the plot seemed to dry up towards the end. Reviews in the internet, magazines and newspaper have been average so far; read more here.

I know I would probably get some nasty comments from the teenage girls out there, but I would give this movie a rating of 6 out of 10. My friend would have given a 5, but he gave an extra point because he managed not to fall asleep during the movie, though I suspected it was the coffee that we had before the movie.

As I said, I have not read the book and probably I will not read it in the future.....

No comments: