Friday, December 12, 2008

Infamous?


I was reading the article on BLNG's contribution to the Kampung Mumong's Women's Bureau when I came across the following statement:

...... Kampong Mumong Women's Council Head Dayang Hajah Julia binte Chee said the association is working its way to branding the village's infamous "Kampong Mumong Chilli Sauce", which they have developed and perfected since the bureau's inception in 2000 ........

I thought it did not sound right. Infamous would normally refer to something not good.

A online check on some online dictionaries confirmed my suspicion:

1. having a bad reputation.
2. of bad report.
3. notoriously vile.
4. detestable; as, an infamous traitor; an infamous perjurer.

1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.
1. having a reputation of the worst kind : notoriously evil .
2. causing or bringing infamy : disgraceful .
3. convicted of an offense bringing infamy.

Hmm.... I feel sorry for the ladies; after spending eight years developing and perfecting the chilli sauce, it still has quite a bad reputation!!

Give me back my VM title!!

No comments: