Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Unexpected....

It is always saddening to hear when someone died in a circumstance that you could relate to.

I just heard that a man in his early 40s collapsed after playing badminton this evening at a badminton hall in Kuala Belait. He later died at the KB Hospital. I would guess the most probable cause of death is heart attack.

This is not the first time that I heard someone died after playing badminton locally. At least there were three people who died in a similar circumstance. And there were some well-known sport personalities who died from heart attack while playing sports, such as footballers Marc-Vivien Foe (of Manchester City) and Miklos Feher (of Benfica).

The news made me think: how much sports can we do before it starts to harm us? As Prez rightly asked later: what should come first: good health or exercise? Perhaps, we should do things in moderation.

My thoughts and prayers go to the family of the deceased. Al-Fatihah....


No comments: