Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Old photo....

I was handed this picture by my dad. It was a picture of my parents when they were young. My dad could not remember when this was taken, but my dad looked like he was in his early thirties. The picture was embossed with the name of the photo shop in Kuala Belait. From these, I would think the picture was taken in the first half of the 70's; my dad was born in 1941 and my family only moved to Kuala Belait in 1971.

There were these two other pictures of great significance. In one, there was a grandfather that I never met. The picture was taken in Kampung Ayer and it was probably taken pre-1971 as my dad said it was their house in Kampung Ayer.

In another, there was a brother of ours, who died when he fell and drowned in Kampung Ayer. I recalled being told that he died when he was two or three, and in the picture he seemed to be of that age. The picture was said to be taken at the Old Airport, where the government buildings are now located.


No comments: