Friday, November 21, 2008

Things to do when stuck in a traffic jam......

Yesterday, during Kristal FM's Breakfast Show, DJ Tini asked her listeners to sms her and share the things that they have done while getting stuck in a traffic jam. Some sms'ed with the pretty normal stuff; sms'ing, calling friends, reading papers or books, touching up on make-up and snacking. 

I have done most of the things above (well, touching up on make-up would mean putting moisturiser on my face and doing my hair). Sometimes, I would play arithmetic game, where I would try to make mathematical equations from the numbers on the license plates. For example, 5546 would mean 5+5=4+6, or 329 would mean 3 squared is 9. It was said to be a good way to exercise the brain. 

I also have the mobile broadband and there would be times when I would switch on my laptop and, as I am a fan of Facebook, check on my Facebook! There was one time that I actually sent an email from my laptop while stuck in the traffic jam.

There was also a time when I was late for sports after work and I actually got changed in the car. It was quite a feat to actually getting changed in the small, tight space but I managed to somehow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm.. where do u get traffic jam in brunei til you can facebooking?

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Try driving down from Bandar to KB in the morning of a working day. The traffic jam in Sungai Liang can stretch as far back as Telisai.

Anonymous said...

This is like an in-car Countdown without Carol Voderman. Best hostess still goes to Vanna White followed closely by Dusty from Lingo hahahahaha.