Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cupcake Virgin No More....

Like everything else, I finally succumbed to the bite of the cupcake bug. 

It was a rare occasion to see Bulgemeister at home during the weekend, so I took the opportunity to do something that I have always wanted to do: baking! 

After a few words of encouragement from CL, whom I deem now a Master at baking (these words should get me some of her nice cheesecake!), I finally took a plunge and baked my first cupcake. Lasy Sunday, I started off with peanut butter cupcakes, which turned out to be quite good. Everything was polished off almost immediately! I don't have any pictures to show though.

I then tried to bake chocolate fudge cupcakes for my sister's birthday. They turned out to be just alright; I did not think I made good chocolate fudge for the icing. 


And on Saturday, I baked carrot cupcakes, which turned out to be nice. I was pleased with the end results: the mixture of carrot, spice and nut was perfect and the icing was spot on. I was hoping to bring some for work colleague during the departmental event on Sunday, but all were gone.



My makeshift piping bottle!

And yeah, cream cheese are quite difficult to find in Brunei lately. Let me know if you know where I can get them.


3 comments:

CL said...

*LOL* you're so cuteeeeeee BM :) *hehe* So I see you've caught my baking bug hehe.... Did you use cream cheese for your carrot cupcakes? How did you manage that? Yes you will get your cheesecake! It's just a matter of when the stock is back in town hrmphffff.... Not bad with the icing too *hehe* Well Done!

Anonymous said...

As Whitney Houston would say, "I learn from the best; I learn from you!".

I used Kraft's Cream Cheese spread, not bad.

How's Sg? Anything that I should look forward to?

Anonymous said...

The cupcakes look great and yummy..mampu liat gmbr sj :)