Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Am I all that??


to whine: to complain or protest in a childish manner or about trivial things.
to moan: to complain.
to rant: to criticise by ranting.
to complain: to express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.

I was speaking to one of my friends a while ago when she asked for the address of this blog. I thought I was expanding my readership and was quite happy to share it. However, I was taken aback and gutted when she said, "I heard from XXX about your blog and I heard that you complained a lot in your blog, so I wanted to read what you complained about".

Am I really that? Well, I might have 'commented' about something before, but I saw them as harmless comments. They were not meant to be malicious or offensive. However, there were times when some people got offended but hey, you can't please everyone all the time, can you?

Since I have been labelled a whiner, I might just as well rant more :)!

1. Why do slower cars drive on the right lane, move over to the left when a faster car comes along and then move back to the right lane?

2. I can't understand why people drive around the shopping mall and waste time and petrol just to find that elusive parking space near the entrance, when you could park easily somewhere?

3. What's up with putting numbers on your name which you then use to request or dedicate songs on the radio? Baby90210? Macho007? I understand why you put numbers on your email address, but not on your name.....


4 comments:

CL said...

I wouldn't say you're a whiner.

We had this conversation a few nights ago jua. You're just *outspoken* and just giving your views to the liking or not of others :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the names and numbers thing - it's so immature! I've been called "blunt" but more people should say what's on their mind. Be outspoken! People need to learn to handle the truth about themselves.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for leaving your comments ladies. Appreciated.

Yeah, we should be outspoken, we should be brave to say what we want to say and we should be more open to listen.

Cookiedough said...

OMG Bulgie! That numbers with names thing annoyed me to no end! I was always like, WTH do those mean?! Date of birth? Licence plate numbers? Last digits of their IC? 1st night? Apakan? So tacky!

Anyway, if anyone's offended....sorry, but I MEAN IT!

Cookiedough848 :P