Friday, November 7, 2008

Limping legs....

On Thursday, I had a minor medical procedure done to me. I had some sort of infection removed from my left thigh.

Back in March, I took part in a company event on the Lumut beach. I must have been bitten by an insect. It never went away, even after applying some cream that I got from the clinic. It got worse in the past three weeks and it started to itch too. The wound never healed properly and eventually I seeked medical assistance.

I was given localised anesthesia and I was awake during the procedure. I was even chatting with one of my doctor friends, while another was removing the lump from my thigh. The whole procedure took thirty minutes and towards the end, the anesthesia must have been wearing off and I could feel the surgical thread being pulled through my skin. When the procedure was complete, I was able to walk and drive, tho I felt pain came and went. The lump was to be analysed and the result should be out next week. 

I never told my family about the medical procedure until the night before it was to be done. I was given an earful by one of sisters as I called home to tell the family that I had it done. I have my reasons why I did not tell them. I did not want to alarm them with this as I saw this procedure could be described as a minor procedure. I was also assured by my doctor friends that the procedure was simple and there should not be any complications from the procedure.

Anyway, many thanks to the surgical team for doing this on me. And many apologies to my family for not telling them much earlier.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope everything i'l b fine.. ;-)

Anonymous said...

wah.. wat kind of infection??

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: thanks, I feel better already.

Blacksnail: I don't know what it was, but it started from an insect bite which didn't go away.

Anonymous said...

lain x utmakn klrga,.....................