Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I'm rich......

Woke up on Tuesday morning to the ring of my phone as I received this message......

"Your mobile number won 950,000 dollars in the Universal SMS Promo, your money is ready to be sent to you, for details contact xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.co.uk"

The message was sent from a +31 number, which meant it originated from the Netherlands.

I am tempted to email them, just to see their modus operandi. I would obviously not use my real email address.

There are also scams via emails, phone calls, websites and letters. Read Jan Shim's encounter with a telephone scammer from Hong Kong here.

Despite the many warnings that we received on the scam, there are still many gullible people out there who would fall for this. Just remember that if it appears to be too good to be true, it is probably too good to be true.


1 comment:

CL said...

*lol* I got that a few times before as well hehe but just ignored it