Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Kids!

I have friends commenting that I take a lot of pictures of inanimate objects and it becomes our joke whenever we go out for dinner/coffee. So I decided to do some a bit more challenging: taking pictures of children.

Taking pictures of children may be a bit more difficult to do, compared to taking pictures of glasses or boxes. You would first have to get the attention of the children, as they tend to be scared of the camera pointing at them. Once you get their attention, you have to get the children to stay still. I have quite a lot of shots taken as the children looked away. One of my nephews liked to move towards me as I was trying to compose my shots.

But, as much as it is difficult to photograph the children, it is also a rewarding experience. Once the children get comfortable with the camera pointing their way, they would do all sorts of poses for the camera. I have this nephew who would actually pull my hands and asked me to take pictures of him. It is fun to be able to show them the results right away and this can encourage them to pose more. It is also fun to be able to capture the children doing things they love: having fun and fooling around.

In this series of photographs, all the models are my nieces and nephews.


There are times when this girl would not stand in front of the camera, but I managed to make her smile for me here.

This is my biggest model; in one of the pictures, he posed as a Cicak Man.

This boy was giving me his 'ugly face' (muka bida!).


This girl smiles in the mere sight of a camera and she's only 8 months old.
I put her on top of a car and she was terrified of the height, which you could see on her face.

These two are cousins and they spend their time playing together a lot. I asked them to hold hands and if you look carefully, they were trying to hide it from the view.

No comments: