Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hari Raya So Far.....

The first thing that we did on the first day of Aidilfitri, which fell on Thursday, 2 October, was to visit my Mom's resting place. This is the second Aidilfitri without Mom and it is not getting any easier; the least we could do was to offer prayers. I share CL's sentiment, at times like this when just about anything would trigger the flood of memories of Mom that we keep somewhere deep inside us.



We then spent the whole day in Bandar, visiting relatives.


Dad, my two younger brothers and I.


Dad with some of my sisters and nieces. Ever since Mom died, Dad is our father and our mother.


My nieces and nephews..... one of my nieces was away celebrating Aidilfitri with her parents and grandfather in Kota Kinabalu.


This is just about a quarter of the family, so you can imagine the logistical effort to ferry us around!


With my usual (un-)willing models not around, I had to resort to my nephews whom seemed to be too happy to help. They had these natural talents to make faces and pose for the camera.


Some of my favourite shots:


My bro-in-law with one of our nephews.

The youngest member of the family, with his mom. He's just 2 months old.



A buffet spread at one of the houses that we visited.

No comments: