Friday, February 29, 2008

My first......

A while ago, the lunch gang was discussing our first album (cds or cassette tapes). My first album was a cassette tape of a compilation of hit songs at that time, called Mega Hit Vol. 4 (or was it Vol. 3?). I got it when I was in Form 2; so it was in 1991, almost 17 years ago. At the time, everyone at school had a walkman and to stay with the crowd I got my own walkman (for people who really know me, they can really relate to this; I have been known to buy things, not because I needed them, but because someone else had bought them and I did not want to be the one not cool enough to have them! Acer, gimp-styled PDA case, HP hand-held PC, Sony Clio and the list goes on......).

But anyway, back to the album. Mega Hits 4 (or was it Vol. 3?) was the first original (not pirated or dubbed) cassette tape that I bought. It was my first English album and it introduced me to Vanilla Ice, Wilson Phillips, Paula Abdul and the likes.

Somehow during our discussion, we realised that at some point we had the album in our possession, either purchased or borrowed. We all had fond memories of the album and we could recall most of the songs in the album (tho I cannot really remember them now!). When we got back to the office, we set ourselves some tasks to find out more about this album and thought it would be cool to actually collect the songs again. After various searches through Yahoo and Google, we could not find much information about the album. Probably because it was made and marketed especially for South-east Asian market.

Last week, I was talking to this good friend of mine about this particular DJ from Kristal FM who played a lot of old skool songs in her show. We then talked about songs that were released in the 80's and 90's. I proceeded to tell him about our frustration in trying to find the Mega Hit series. I was then pleasantly surprised when he told me that he had the first two volumes of the Mega Hit series.
I now have both cds with me. So if you fancy a trip down the memory lane, just let me know. I may be able to lend them to you.
And if you have Mega Hit Vol. 3 or 4, would you mind if I borrow it?

No comments: