Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So who's got a new toy?

I do!



I got myself a new toy, in the form of Sony Ericcson P1i. It's a touch screen mobile phone, complete with wi-fi, on top of the normal diet of bluetooth, external memory card (in this case a Memory Stick Micro), infra-red and WAP. It also sports a 3.2MP camera; not bad considering just a few years ago the top of the line point-and-shoot digital cameras were mostly 3.2MP cameras. There is also a small camera at the front on the phone, which enables you to conduct a video call (but how many people actually do video calling??). It's a 3G phone, so when DST finally launches 3G (some time in April I heard), this phone can still be used.

This phone replaces its bulkier and heavier older cousin, the P900i.

The keypads on the phone are something new to me. The letters on the keypads are 'not alphabetically arranged', you know abc, def, ghi, and so on. The phone has QWERTY keypads, similar to the ones on your computer keyboard. Trying to input into the phone will need a bit of practice too, as two letters are assigned to one button. So if you want Q, you press the left side of the button and if you want W, you press the rigth hand side of the button. See the picture and you will know what I mean.

(Update: the phone is even more difficult to use while driving; I know it's a bad habit, but everyone must have done it at least once before. So hopefully, with the difficulty, I'll drop this bad habit! So the phone is really useful!)


I love the fact that the phone has wi-fi connection. I am not one who would be lugging a laptop around if I happen to join the gang for coffee somewhere with internet access. So this phone will now enable me to do some net surfing while on the go. This will be especially useful as I often now miss the football matches during the weekend and I can now keep up with the football scores via the phone's wi-fi connection. And perhaps one day I can post my blog from the phone?


I am loving this new toy!!

No comments: