Thursday, July 30, 2009

Welsh Singing Sensation.....

This young man was said to have outsung Mariah Carey during the recent Memorial Service for Michael Jackson. Shaheen Jafargholi, who is twelve and hails from Wales, was one of the finalists of this year's Britain's Got Talents. He was apparently invited by Michael Jackson to perform during his This Is It tours in London and it was inevitable that he would be invited to sing during Jackson's Memorial.


He impressed the audience at the Memorial and apparently following his tribute, Larry King leaned forward and asked Motoen Record founder Berry Gordy, "Who is that?". Gordy, who was moved by the performance, reportedly replies, "I have no cotton pickin' idea who that is, but if I were still in the business, I would sign him tomorrow".

I thought he sang much better during the audition of Britain's Got Talents. The backing singers at the Memorial kinda spoilt it for me.



No comments: