Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just another rant!

As I haven't been feeling too well for the past few days, I decided to pay a visit to the KB Hospital. Since it was Friday evening, everyone was supposed to go to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.

When I arrived just before 8.00pm, there were already many people waiting. It felt as if it was actually a day clinic. I registered and waited for 15 minutes for triage. After that, I could see that I was 15 numbers away from seeing the doctor. But that fifteen actually meant  one and a half hour wait to actually see the doctor, who in the end I saw for less than 3 minutes.

I could not understand why there couldn't be more doctors on hand to help out? The doctor was telling me that lately there had been a surge in the number of patients coming in, so couldn't they prepare for this unusually high number of patients? If there are real emergencies coming in, the clinic would be suspended as the doctor would have to attend to the emergencies and this extends your stay at the clinic. I have heard a few patients coming in at 4pm only to leave the hospital at 9pm.

No comments: