Saturday, April 5, 2008

J-Co Donuts

While in Kuala Lumpur, I managed to get hold of some J-Co Donuts. J-Co Donuts are said to be the South-Asian version of Krispy Kreme. Whenever I wanted to get some, I would see a queue snaking towards the shop, so I thought that they must be good.

So the verdict? As I've already said, I am not a big donut fan, but these donuts are better than the ones by Fun Donuts. J-Co has a wider variety and more toppings and flavours to choose from. Even the names of the donuts are quite exotic; Miss T is a donut coated with green tea-flavoured cream on top. Apart from the donuts, the shop also sells freshly-brewed espresso-based coffee that comes in many varieties. One of the hot-selling drinks is the caramel-based coffee (sorry, I forgot the name!).

So do you think J-Co's logo looks like Starbucks Coffee's?




I noticed the re-heating instructions below. I have seen this before on the Fun Donuts boxes and if I am not mistaken, I saw them on Krispy Kreme boxes too. So who copied who?

1 comment:

U n t i t l e d said...

Did u try the peanut butter one? Nyums! Bari tsliur eh!