Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bruneian Blog of the Year?

Simpur is now opening the vote for the Bruneian Blog of the Year. The nominees (they each won their own category in the bracket, except for one) are:

A. Spiritual Garden (Best Personal Blog)
B. Kurapak (Best Local Content Blog)
C. Anakbrunei (Best Photo Blog)
D. Brunei Fishing (Best Lifestyle Blog)
E. Arab Families (Best Specialty Blog)
F. Ranoadidas (Wild-Card Blog)

Of the six above, I'd probably vote for Spiritual Garden or Anak Brunei.

Spiritual Garden offers an insight to this girl's life; though I'd like to think that I am not snooping in her life or something. Anak Brunei's simple, and often amusing narratives, that accompany his pictures are the trademarks of this apparently friendly giant. Sometimes all you need to see on someone's blog are pictures and some few words (except for Jan Shim's blog; I do not mind reading a long post that always accompanies his well-taken and beautiful pictures).

I certainly do not get Kurapak or Arab Families; the times (let me re-phase the one/two times) I visited these blog, I got confused and could not understand what these guys were trying to say. Kurapak was not funny at all; even some of the jokes were direct translation from the English version and the humour was lost in translation. And don't even get me started with Arab Families. I am still traumatised by Arab Families' founder/author's You Pay! outburst! And I can't really call myself a fishing enthusiasts, so I can't really vote for Brunei Fishing.

And a wild card entry? You're joking, aren't you Simpur? Why? Why a wild card entry? And Ranoadidas?

The one and only blog that I would definitely vote for if he was nominated would be Jan Shim's Shim World. How on earth did he not win the Best Photo Blog? Shouldn't it be him as the wild card entry?

So guys, if you really want to vote, please use your vote wisely. Apparently you can only vote once. Vote for Spiritual Garden or Anak Brunei.

Go here to vote.

4 comments:

Cookiedough said...

You're so right!!! You know it's shameless how "some" of them are campaigning. Aside from the prizes, seriously...it's not exactly World Domination! Take a chill pill!! And obviously the nominations aren't based on language and grammar, merely content. 'Cos I'd tell you, at least 2 of those listed shouldn't even be considered in the 1st place! I like Jan Shim's work too. What's best is that he doesn't have to shout over the rooftops that he's good!

Ranz said...

cookiedough: *ouch* lol. I believe if I had eye and the wits of JS, that would just be the missing pieces. Hows the states?

Bulgemeister: I respect your honesty, my friend. But I don't understand what you meant by Simpur?? I have no affliation with them if that's what u meant :)

Anonymous said...

Hey dude.. I respect your comments about my blog and I can't please everyone (readers). Different people have different perception but I hope we can be mutual friends in real life..

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed the two comments from our friends here.

Ranz: It was not implying that you and Simpur were affliated; I was referring to the fact that there was a wild card entry. I was asking if there was really a need to have a wild card entry.

Alin: Yeah, it is really up to an individual to write on his/her blog and it's probably his/her rights to do so. Ref. your blog, just my two cents'. The blogger of the year won't probably get too bothered by that, as proven by the votes!

Anyway, gents, no offence intended.