Thursday, April 17, 2008

I wished....

I was talking to a friend who is now studying in the United Kingdom and I asked him what he wanted to do during a semester break which is happening soon. He was planning to go to the United Sates of America, but that was just a plan.

I told him that one of the biggest regrets that I had while studying in the UK was not visiting the States. It would have been nearer and cheaper to go to the States from Europe, rather than flying half-way around the world from Brunei.

Well, there were some times when I was studying in the UK that I wished I could go and visit the States. However, I was student then and going travelling would have cost a fortune.

The only visit that I made to the States was almost two years ago when I attended a meeting in Texas. The meeting was held in a resort just outside Houston, so we did not have much chance to visit Houston. The only time that we left the resort was to visit the Johnson Space Centre, which was featured in the movie Apollo 13. I also made a quick stop in Los Angeles, where I had made the mistake of staying in Downtown, which was quite boring; it would have been much better if I had stayed nearer to Hollywood or Sunset Boulevard. In Los Angeles, I visited the Universal Studios.

So if you are somewhere near the Sates, go and grab the chance to visit the place while it is near and less expensive than flying from here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey bm only found out abt this post recently. Yeah very true, it's cheaper to go to US from UK than back home. Europe is more likely to be visited by us esp in our line of work ; ) which we should be thankful btw Hope the US trip will come true insya Allah