Thursday, April 2, 2009

The bother with a crooked eye

It could bot be happening at a worse time. Yet, it happened. Again, for the God-knows-how-may-time-th time.

Last night, I had another badminton0related injury. It happened in the middle of a long rally, when, I could not remember who, returned a high-ball towards our opponents. Jester took the opportunity to return a high-speed smash towards my direction. (Of course, he did not mean to target any part of my body, obviously, in case you were wondering if he wanted to injure me......). I could not move away in time and the shuttlecock hit the frame of my racket, which then ricocheted towards my right eye, hitting it directly. It was not the first time that it happened to me, so I saw this familiar white flash and then felt the pain. We stopped and assessed the situation. I, perhaps foolishly, soldiered on towards the end of the evening.

When I got home, I thought I needed to rest. I switched the lights, the tv and everything else that emitted light in order to perhaps help my eye healed faster. I even retired to bed early, thinking that it would help too.

This morning, as I woe up, I could still feel the pain so I decided visit the Panaga Health Centre. Fortunately, no serious injury was observed. As with many eye injury, the eye became extremely photophobic, so the doctor asked me to have an eye patch over the eye. And I was also given a 2-day medical break, which partly became quite unnecessary as I had planned to take tomorrow off anyway.

Anyway, I am really hoping that the eye gets better soon. I better move away from the computer and my eye starts to hurt again. This post really took quite a while to complete as I had to take time off from the computer to give my eye a break from the glare.

2 comments:

kakarrot said...

WTF?! Does this mean a pirate will be joining the SG-mania trip? AArrrrrrrrrrr

Jester said...

BM, I apologise many many times for causing this injury to you. Badminton-related again! And you're right, it cannot come at a worst time. Hope it does not spoil the "no-gammes" SG trip!

Hope u recover sooner than later.

Sorry again.