Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tired.....

It was such a tiring day at work, both physically and mentally.

Today was the first working day during the fasting month. The absence of coffee was evident; when some times after noon, I had to take a quick nap just to rest a bit. The first few days will definitely be difficult, but I am sure I will get used to it. Compared to the time when I spent away in Bintulu, working during puasa in Brunei is so much easier. In Brunei, we get to get off work at half one, but in Bintulu, normal office hours were observed. We would only leave work at half four.

Today was quite a difficult day for me. I had to do a job that Donald Trump would love to do. I had to break the news to one of my trainees that he would not be offered a full-time employment, whereas another two were. When we made the decision not to offer him employment, I was quite upset initially. I was upset, not because I really wanted him to stay, but I felt that I was dealing with someone's future. I kept reminding myself that we had a very good and valid reason on why we took that particular decision. I could not let my emotion took over me. Though it was such a difficult thing to do, but I believe we had to do what we had to do. After all, it was for the best interest of the department. Anyway, I hope I do not have to do this again; it's not such a nice thing to do.

No comments: