Saturday, September 20, 2008

Classic Pictures

A friend on Facebook started this series of pictures, taken in the 1990's. As much as I feel a bit embarrassed to show them, but, as someone said it, we need to embrace at our past. And also, it can be quite therapeutic to be able to look back and have a laugh at ourselves.

The pictures were taken using film cameras and then scanned. So please forgive me for their quality.

So here they are.......


The above two pictures were taken 17 June 1995 at Seasons Restaurant. Apparently it was a farewell dinner for three friends who were supposed to leave and study in Boston. I was wearing that brown/red shirt with that big spectacles.



The two pictures above were taken on 16 August 1995 at the Rimba site of Maktab Sains. They were taken when we had this farewell bbq for everyone who would be leaving to further their studies. The strange thing was this farewell took place in the evening in a school campus and no one else seemed to recall this event at all!

This was taken in Hyde Park London on 28 October 1995. If I am not mistaken, this was our first weekend in London, after being sent to our respective schools. It was actually nice to see everyone and to share all the stories from our schools. I was seated fifth from the left.


Our first ever Majlis Berziarah with the Royal Family at the Intercontinental Hotel London on 22 December 1995. We all got GBP150 and we probably spent them all during the Boxing Day sale 4 days later!

And I am saving the best for last! This picture was taken on 9 October 1991 (I was only 15 years old then!!) during the prize presentation ceremony for an essay writing competition. I won second place and won some books of stamps. In case you don't know it yet, I was wearing a songkok with that spectacles and THAT moustache!! Yeah, I was growing moustache at that age! I think it was Jester who said he would hunt down a picture of me with glasses and moustache, after a joke went too far! So Jest, here you go!!

Many thanks to Nuurol Bahyiah Ahmad for these pictures.

1 comment:

Cookiedough said...

"Apparently it was a farewell dinner for three friends who were supposed to leave and study in Boston."...Hmmmmm siapa tu ah???

And you know that farewell BBQ we had that night at school? It's funny how most of us ended up going to the UK anyway. So it was more like a party BY the people, FOR the people. Plus I seriously didn't remember eating!!! Nda ampit kali!

Awww...the memories!