Friday, July 4, 2008

My week thus far...

I am kinda glad the weekend is finally upon us.

It is the week when the badminton tournament that some colleagues and I are organising started. For the past five evening, I was at the venue from right after work until late in the evening. The matches would not finish until after 9pm. By the time I got home, it would be after 10pm. In the morning, it would be quite difficult to prise me from my bed.

I am the Captain of my team and I have got to admit that the team is not doing as well as we wanted it to be. We lost both our matches (each match consisted of seven double games), though the second loss was a narrow loss. In the first match we did not realise how the new scoring system would be determined by the combination of the right players. In the second match, we changed our strategy and we went for the kill in the earlier games, which worked. We won the first two games, before losing four of the remaining five matches. For both matches, I lost both games that I played well. I was annoyed and quite disappointed to have lost both games, which we could have won, if only we made less mistakes and did not allow the opponents to dictate the speed of the games. For the next two matches, I am contemplating of not playing. I will need to think our strategy so that we do not end up as the bottom team in the league table.

The weekend will be not a quiet one as well. I may have some rest tomorrow, but Sunday will be an early start for me as I, as well as three friends, will be taking part in the 12th NBT-organised Treasure Hunt. It will flag off at 6.15am, so we would have to be up in the wee hours of the morning.

Anyway, I will let you know how we do in the Treasure Hunt. Have a good and safe weekend. If you are travelling, please drive carefully. Fasten your seatbelts and refrain from speaking on the phone while driving.

No comments: