Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm the Champion....

Together with some friends from work, we have started a mini badminton league at work. Participated mostly by some staff who are regular badminton players, the league consists of monthly matchdays, from which points are scored to determine the league standings. Winners from each monthly matchday get to keep the Challenge Trophy until the next monthly matchday.

The Challenge Trophy that the Winner keeps


So far, two monthly matchdays were played; one each in January and February. And guess who was one of the winners in February? It's none other than yours truly! I was partnered by Jester and we won all our games. Here's the picture of us with our trophies.

Since everyone is partnered with different players every month, I am not too sure if I could retain the Challenge Trophy in March. So, for the time being, the trophy is sitting proudly on my desk, greeting anyone who comes to see me. And it makes a good conversation piece too!

Read more about the mini badminton league here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yezza! Hello fellow champ! haha don't forget GNR8 cup this sunday, Insya-Allah