Sunday, February 1, 2009

Another Emblem Night...

We had our annual dinner last night. As previous years, it was held at the Rizqun International Hotel in Gadong. It was initially planned for on 24 January, but was then moved to last night about three weeks, which turned out to be for the better as Gadong area was hit by power cuts for several days last week. 

Like previous years too, instead of having an international artist to entertain the crowd, there were departmental performances. I tend to enjoy these departmental performances, as it showcased the raw talents and creativity of the people involved; the only foreign artist which I enjoyed was Anita Sarawak four years ago. Every department showed a tremendous effort to better last year's performance. Surprises were in store as the last year's winner could not break into the top five and my department which had a bad performance last year scored the forth position. 

Highlights for the evening was obviously the lucky draw. And I was lucky indeed, as I won a Sony Home Theatre!

I did not manage to take pictures using my own camera as I was busy helping others. I will try to steal their pictures and put some when I get hold of them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats BM! Don't forget to post a pic of the prize.

xx FD xx