Monday, June 30, 2008

Busy fortnight ahead

It's going to be a busy fortnight for me.

Running from today until 10th July is the BLNG & Refinery Inter-function Badminton Tournament. The tournament was officially opened this afternoon by the Managing Director, Hj Salleh Bostamam. This is the third of such tournament, being organised by the Technical Function. This year the organising committee is led by Kicks. My team played today against the Engineering team, where we lost with a score of 17-11. I (just barely) lost my mens' double match, where we lost in the third set. It was really frustrating to lose the match, after playing well in the second set where we rallied to win the set after trailing during much of the set. The TM Rider team will play the RM Spartan on Wednesday; coincidentally RM Spartan beat the OM All Stars team by the same margin. Follow the tournament here.

The 12th NBT Treasure Hunt will take place this Sunday (6th July). This is the forth time that I am taking part in the Treasure Hunt. This year, the team consists of three members from last year and another from two years ago. My team is looking to better our third position which we won for the past two years. The final round of the HSBC-organised Tri-Extreme Challenge will also happen on the same day and I know a friend who won the second place last year will be participating in the final round of the Tri-Extreme, so it would be one competition less :)

I was away from work last week and as a result, the pending work pile in my office is getting higher by the day. I really need to pull my socks up and start to reduce the height of the pile. It is also the mid-year point, where review of task and target with the staff needs to be done. I am also scheduled to conduct an internal audit, which would be my first one ever. And the department that I am in is also going to be audited soon, so preparation work need to start soon.

And in a couple of days' time, there is a small matter of something happening that I need to worry about...!

No comments: