Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers' Day

Here's wishing all fathers out there, a very Happy Fathers' Day.

I know that for many, we do not express our love, gratitude and appreciation to our fathers as much as we do to our mothers. Fathers are not any less important to us than our mothers. My mum passed away almost two years ago and my dad is now my only link to my past. He is the one that I look up to for advice; the one that I look up to for approval; the one that I look up to as my tower of strength; the one that I look up to for inspiration; the one that I look up to at times of need and the one that I am afraid to look up to when I have not been good.

And this is something special for Bapa....

I remember saying/writing somewhere that I realised that I do not have that many pictures with my dad. I also said that I wanted to correct that and take many pictures with him. So far, I have to admit that I have not been able to take as much as I would love to.

So when was the last time you told your dad that you loved him? I know I have not said it aloud to him a lot; I tend to say it in my prayers and in whispers.

I love you, dad! And thanks for everything. Hope you enjoy your vacation.

No comments: