Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sex and The City: The Movie

Oh, I actually wanted to talk about Sex and The City: The Movie in the last post, but somehow I got carried away (get it? Carried away..... Carrie Bradshaw..... Sex and the City...., oh never mind!) and talked about movie censorship and piracy instead!

Anyway, here's the trailer for Sex and The City: The Movie....


I have always watched Sex and The City: The TV Series and was actually looking forward to watch the Movie, but yeah, it is not shown in Brunei. So I'd have to wait for the DVD comes out in 2-3 months' time, but it's gonna be a *cough* pirated copy. I probably will not mind getting an original DVD copy of this movie. Any die-hard fan of SATC would probably do that too.

As with the movie, the TV series was never shown on Brunei tv. It was available through the Astro service, via HBO. But the episodes sometimes got cut too much and you would be left wondering what happened during the scene that they cut off. There was also this subscription TV service, called Kristal, which offered HBO. However, the slot where SATC was normally shown on Astro's HBO would be substituted with other tv programmes, such as concerts or 'the making of..' series.

I have not, and probably will not, read any reviews of the movie. I do not want to know if it was good or bad. I would not want my eventual viewing of the movie to be spoilt if the review was bad; or I would not want to be disappointed if the review was good.

As this movie is an adaptation from a tv series, I do not expect anything spectacular. There have been many tv series which have been adapted into movies and they turned out to be quite bad. Remember The Avenger, The Saint or Hulk? There are exceptions, of course. An example is Mission Impossible. Some tv shows are meant for small screens only and they should be left as they are. I do hope that some executives at Warner Bros are not thinking of making a movie version of Friends. The ending was as nice as it got and it did not need to be continued in a movie.

No comments: