Sunday, May 4, 2008

The truth about Zoom!

Just a little post to show you how Zoom! performs in KB.

Screenshot of the modem's statistic:















Despite in the HSDPA coverage, my max download speed (with bittorrenting in the background) was 328kbps, but I'd normally get something like 20-30kbps constantly.

I also did the speed test via Speedtest.net. I did them at the same time with zero activity in the background.

Espeed (512kbps)


Zoom! (max advertised download speed of 3.6Mbps - with the first generation modem).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Speed tests are too dependant on a lot of factors.
I tend to use a few youtube videos n apple.com as my personal test sites

Anonymous said...

Berakas Dude,
That's true. There are many ways to test the speed. But it might be worthwhile to have the same conditions for both.

I asked the lady at GO! yesterday about the prepaid GO! and she told me I could use any device, such as an HSDPA-enabled mobile phone. I asked her if the Zoom! modem is ok, she quickly said no. I argued that modems are modems and they are both HSDPA, so it might be workable. She whispered to me that they had been told to say that when the public asked!! I think it is possible to use the DST sim on the Zoom modem, so I might get the prepaid GO! for some tests.