Thursday, November 19, 2009

Three years on.....

It was three years ago, as the flight I was in landed in Singapore and my name was paged through the plane's PA system. I was then met by an RBA ground staff and was told that I had to fly back to Brunei that same evening, though my next connecting flight to Brunei was not until the next day. I feared the worst, which was confirmed when I was told that my Mum had died earlier that evening. That news sapped my energy away and opened the tear floodgate. I remember talking to my brother and sister on the phone in the middle of the terminal; a conversation that interrupted by sobs and tear wiping. The two-hour flight seemed very long. My mind drifted away and I searched for clues and signs for her death, but could not remember anything out of the ordinary in the days before I left for my business trip.

The three years since she left us have not been the same. Life just felt incomplete. I always felt that there was this void somewhere. I could only wish she was here to celebrate our success and share our sorrow. Not a day passed by without me thinking about her.

Semoga roh Babu dicucuri rahmat Illahi. Amin...... Al-Fatihah......



No comments: