Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The best medicine

Here's a clip from Pier Morgan's Life Stories, where he talked to Dannii Minogue about her sister's breast cancer.



I really felt for her and understood how she was feeling. I had my own cancer scare myself; in 2004, I was told I only had about a year to live if I didn't have mantle cell lymphoma, which I was diagnosed with, treated. That diagnosis affected everyone; my family at home, colleagues at work and friends. I was depressed , but determined to beat the disease. However, I realised I would not be able to beat it if I did not have the support from family and friends. I was glad that my family and friends were right behind me as I went through the ordeal of having various needles poking me at different parts of the body, of having to go through the tiny and restrictive CAT scanning tube; of having to decide that chemotheraphy would perhaps help to beat the disease and of having to wait as the doctors tried to confirm if I had in fact had that cancer. And guess who were the first people to hear that I had been given the all-clear? They were, of course, my family and friends.

Sometimes the best medicine that a patient can have are the support and love from family and friends.

Thank you all!

No comments: