Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Same old stories....

Some things just remained the same here in Kuala Lumpur.....

1. We took a bus, which took us from the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) to KL Sentral Station. There were ties when I feared for my life as the driver drove the bus at a speed, which could only be described as dangerous and too fast. He drove along this curve and I feared that the bus might leve the road.

2. When we arrived at KL Sentral, we saw there were many men wearing white shirts lining along the bus. Great, as I thought these men were there to unload our luggages from the bus. I was later proven to be wrong as they turned out to be taxi touts. They were one persistent bunch and could not take no for an answer. At one point, one of them actually manhandled me and stopped me from leaving the area. One tip: a coupon-based taxi service is available just down the walkway. It is much cheaper and safer to use.

3. Taxis still charged passenger indiscriminately. Taxi meters were for display only. Make sure you ask and agree for taxi meter before setting off.

4. Budget taxis were generally dirty and perhaps not road-worthy.

5. Taxi drivers drove their taxis as if they were taking part in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

6. Hotels only provided the more expensive executive taxis.

7. People still would not queue at the payment counters.


No comments: