Monday, September 28, 2009

Raya Visits?

Aidilfitri has always been a time to celebrate victory; a time to seek and give forgiveness; and a time to visit friends and families. It has always been a tradition where families and friends would go and visit each other. As long as the lights were still switched on, visitors were welcomed with open arms.

Nowadays, open houses is becoming a trend. So much so that people now would only visit their friends and families if there were open houses. It got me thinking a few days ago when a friend asked if I would be visiting this person’s house. Without much thought, I told him that I would go only if there was an open house and I got an earful from my friend after that! We have inadvertently became caught up in the changing times. So if one is not having an open house, does it mean he/she doesn’t need to be visited upon?

No comments: