Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another incident on the road.

This incident happened recently while driving back to the hotel from work.



I was driving towards a roundabout when there was a slow moving trailer on the left lane. I decided to take the right lane while the trailer stayed on the left lane. As we (me + the trailer) were going around the roundabout, I heard some sort of rumble. I took a quick look on the left side mirror and noticed that the load (consisted mainly of metal pipes, probably 6" across) on the trailer was starting to fell off the trailer. I stepped on the accelerator, hoping to avoid any of the falling items. I heard some scratching noise and knew immediately something must have hit my car. I stopped by the roadside and sure enough, there was a long, deep scratch on the left side of the car, running across both the front and back doors. The rear wheel wasn't spared either; there were some damage to it too.




Damage to the car



Scene of the incident


Anyway, to cut the story short, I managed to get the tranportation company to pay for the repair. Brought the car to the Toyota agent and was qouted RM500 for the repair. And that the amount I'm getting from the company.



So far, I've got 3 car-related incident during this posting to B-Town. Shall I get a new car to get rid of the bad luck? He... he...! :)



Posted by the Bulgemeister

No comments: