Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Who wants to be an Oscar winner?

I finally had the chance to watch Slumdog Millionaire, a film highhly tipped to win many Oscars when they are finally handed this weekend. The film is not yet out in Brunei, and I am not too sure if it will, so admittedly I had to resort to watching one downloaded off the internet.

Slumdog Millionaire is a feel-good movie of 2009 so far. The storyline is original; it's not something that you might have seen or heard in other movies. It is a story of how one could find his/her true love, regardless of the many obstacles and difficulties one might encounter. It is also a heartbreaking and tearjerking story of life in the slums of Mumbai. You get to see the life of the street children and how they grow up in the slums.

I would highly encourage you to watch it. I bet you will not regret spending two hours watching this film. I hope this film wins more awards, to add on its four Golden Globes and seven BAFTAs.

No comments: